Pizza is a popular and unifying dish. On the South Shore of Montreal, it is certainly at Jacques Cartier Pizza that you will find the best pizza! On the other hand, if you wish to concoct your own pizza at home, here are some tips for making a pizza like those at Jacques Cartier Pizza!
- Use quality flour: there is flour that is specially designed for homemade pizza and contains more gluten to help give the dough a firm and elastic texture.
- Done rise the dough: Let the dough rise for at least an hour before rolling it out. This will help give the dough a fluffier and lighter texture.
- Use a pizza plate or a pizza stone: A pizza pan or pizza stone will help cook the pizza evenly and give it a crispy crust.
- Preheat your oven: make sure your oven is hot before cooking the pizza. This will help give the crust a nice golden color.
- Use fresh ingredients: use fresh ingredients for a better flavor. Use fresh tomato for the sauce, fresh mozzarella for cheese and fresh ingredients such as onions, mushrooms, peppers, etc. for the fillings.
- Born don't overload the pizza: avoid putting too many ingredients on the pizza, as this will prevent the crust from cooking evenly and make the pizza difficult to eat.
- Bake the pizza at high temperature: Bake the pizza at high temperature (450 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit) for about 10 to 15 minutes to get a crispy crust and an warm and melting filling.
- Be careful do not burn the pizza: keep an eye on the pizza while cooking to avoid burning it!
By following these tips, you should be able to cook a delicious pizza which looks exactly like the one you usually order from Jacques Cartier Pizza. Don't forget to experiment with different toppings to find your favorite combination. Enjoy your food!